Moong bean sweet salad is kind of dish which you can eat for breakfast as well as evening snacks. If you are bored of eating savoury salads then do try this sweet one. They are very nutritious as well as tasty. It takes just few minutes to prepare this instant snack.
I have added jaggery for the sweetness. You can also replace the jaggery with sugar. You can even soak the moong beans for couple of hours before cooking to make it even more nutritious.
Cooking time : 10 minutes.
- Moon bean – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1/4 cup, melted pr as per taste
- Fresh grated coconut – half a handful
- Salt – a pinch
- Wash n soak the moon beans for couple of hours ( Optional) .
- Add enough water, a pinch of salt and cook the moong beans in a cooker for 3 – 4 whistles or till done.
- Drain the cooked moon beans, place it in a bowl.
- Add jaggery in a sauce pan n melt it. Sieve and add the melted jaggery to the cooked moong beans.
- Then add coconut ad mix gently.
- Moong bean sweet salad is ready for breakfast, snack time.
Check out our other salads like