One of the easiest n quick breakfast/ snack from mangalore and udupi region is sweet poha, known as bajil in local language. Grated coconut , jaggery is added and mixed well along with little ghee to the rice flakes and in less than 5 minutes its ready to serve. Usually its eaten along with banana.
- Poha/ rice flakes – 1 cup
- Fresh grated coconut – 3 tablespoons
- Grated jaggery – 4 tablespoons or more
- Ghee – 2 teaspoons
- Add ingredients in a bowl and mix well with hand.
- Serve the sweet poha/ bajil with banana and enjoy.
Check out our other mangalore breakfast recipes such as