Chicken oats is a very delicious meal which can be prepared in no time. This recipe does not need any lentils or dal. Chicken is cooked in Indian spices and oats is added to the cooked chicken to give this easy, healthy dish. It can also be called oats haleem or cheat haleem. It can be served for Lunch, dinner & ifthar too.
This recipe was shared by my close relative Dr. Ayesha. Thank you 🙂
- Chicken- 3-4 pieces(bone – in)
- instant oats -1/2 cup
- onion – 1 medium
- ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- ghee – 2 tablespoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- kashmiri chilly powder -1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- lime juice – 1 teaspoon
- coriander leaves – to garnish
Pre – Preparation :-
- Clean the chicken pieces well and drain the water.
- Thinly slice half of the onion and finely chop the remaining half
- Heat ghee in a pan. Fry thinly sliced onions until golden brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, saute finely chopped onion until light brown . Add ginger -garlic paste .saute until raw smell disappears .
- Now add in the chicken pieces. Gently mix and add turmeric powder ,garam masala powder, kashmiri red chilly powder and salt. saute for a couple of minutes.
- add 1 cup of water. Combine well. Close the lid and cook till chicken is done.
- When chicken is cooked completely, remove them and keep aside.
- Add oats to the pan. Mix well. add 1/2 cup water .again mix well. Close the lid and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken piece and discard the bone. Add this shredded chicken pieces to the oat mixture.
- Add hand crushed half of fried onions , lime juice. Combine very well.
- Add a little coriander leaves. combine well and Switch off the flame
Garnish with remaining fried onions and coriander leaves and serve hot.
You may also like –