Golibaje also known as Mangalore bonda or Mangalore bajji is a very popular snack from the Mangalore cuisine. It’s an easy snack made with all purpose flour and yoghurt as main ingredients. Usually served as tea time snack along with coconut chutney.
Prep time : 1 – 2 hours of resting time
- All purpose flour / maida – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 teaspoon
- Yoghurt/ curd – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Ginger – 1/2 inch, finely chopped
- Green chilli – 1 or 2, finely chopped
- Curry leaves – few, finely chopped
- Fresh grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp
- In a mixing bowl, add yoghurt/ curd & water. Whisk well.
- Add chopped ginger, green chilly, curry leaves, coconut, salt, baking soda, sugar and mix well.
- Next add all purpose flour/ maida, rice flour and mix well to form a thick batter.
- Cover and keep it for at least 1 hour.
- Mix the batter well.
- Dip fingers in the water, take small balls of batter and deep fry till golden brown.
- Delicious golibaje is ready to serve with coconut chutney.
Have a look at our other snacks recipes such as