Lobia chaat is a delicious, healthy chaat made with lobia /cowpea/ black eyed peas. This chaat can be eaten at snack time, at ifthar as well as like a salad for lunch or dinner. Lobia is a super bean with a lots of nutrition, hence lots of health benefits.
Prep time : 4 – 6 hours / overnight soaking.
Cooking time : 10 – 15 min in pressure cooker.
Serves : 2
- Lobia – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1/2, medium finely chopped
- Tomato – 1/2 medium, finely chopped
- Capsicum – half ( optional) , chopped
- Carrot – 1/2, finely chopped or grated
- Cucumber – 1/2, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – few, finely chopped
- Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 or 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Lime – 1/2 , juice
- Wash & soak the lobia for overnight or 4 -6 hours.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt, 2 cups water & pressure cook for 1 or 2 whistles. Do not overcook as it will turn mushy. You can cook in open pot too.
- Once pressre settles, drain the cooked lobia and let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add cooled lobia & all listed ingredients & give a good mix.
- Lobia chaat is ready.
- Garnish with sev or pomegranate seeds & serve.
Have a look at our other chaat recipes such as