Malai Egg curry is a very simply creamy curry prepared using hard boiled eggs. Eggs always come to rescue when I am lazy to prepare or running short of time. Egg malai curry is low on spice , rich in cream. It can be prepared within 15 minutes or so. It goes well with any form of roti.
- Egg – 4
- coriander leaves – a handful
- onion – 1 big
- ginger – a small piece
- garlic – 2 cloves
- green chilly – 2
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- milk- 1 cup
- cream – 1/4 cup
- butter – 2 tablespoon
- Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes on medium flame. Remove the shell. Cut it into 2 halves. Keep it aside.
- Make a paste of onion , ginger, garlic, green chilly and coriander leaves.
- Heat butter in a pan. Pour the ground onion paste. Saute well until it changes color and raw smell disappears.
- Add all spice powder and salt. saute until raw smell disappears .
- Add a cup of milk (at room temperature ) . Combine and boil well . Keep stirring in between. Cook until oil starts to separate.
- Place in eggs carefully. Gently mix. Cover and cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Finally, add cream . Mix . Switch off the flame.
Check out these egg recipes too –
- Egg muffins
- Grilled Egg Sandwich
- Egg drop masala
- Egg Noodles
- Egg tawa pulao
- Egg Kothu Paratha
- Crunchy egg