Here is a recipe for instant wheat dosa made with wheat flour. Traditionally whole wheat is soaked and ground to make batter. But this is a very easy recipe where you just need to mix wheat flour with water and allow the batter to sit for 10 min and then make dosas.
This recipe makes it a good option for breakfast or dinner. This is a soft version of dosa, hence it’s suitable for babies too. This recipe includes just wheat flour and shredded coconut which goes very well with curries. However you can even add finely chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves on top of dosa while cooking, to enhance the taste.
Wheat dosas goes well with veg or non veg curry as well as any chutney.
Serves : 10 medium dosa
- Wheat flour – 1.5 cups
- Water – 2.5 cups or as required
- Shredded coconut – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Add wheat flour to a mixing bowl.
- Add water and mix well to form a lump free batter. Use whisk for better results.
- The amount of water also depends on the quality of wheat flour. Consistency should be thinner than idli/ dosa batter and thicker than neer dosa batter.
- Then add salt and shredded coconut. Mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan, mix dosa batter and pour like regular dosa, from centre to the edges.
- Cook on a low – medium flame, till the base is golden.
- Sprinkle little ghee over the dosa, spread and then flip the dosa.
- Cook the other side till little golden spots.
- Wheat dosa is ready to serve.
- For each and every dosa, mix the batter and then pour the batter on the tawa.
Serve dosa with any Non veg curry or Chutney/dips. It goes very well with Fish curry (Mangalore style) as shown in the picture.
Check out more dosa recipes in our blog
- Moong bean dosa
- Pizza Dosa
- Beetroot dosa
- Millet Dosa
- Egg & cheese dosa
- Masala dosa
- Instant ragi dosa
- Neer dosa
- Urad dal dosa batter recipe