Mushroom and cheese omelette is an easy to make breakfast recipe that can be prepared in few minutes. The ingredients are easily available like egg, mushrooms n mozzarella cheese. This delicious omelette is enjoyed by kids as well as adults. It can be served as brunch or snack too. It tastes best when served hot . Serve it with buttered bread or toast.
Serves : 2
- Eggs – 2
- Mushrooms – 6 . thinly sliced
- Onion – 1/2, small size, finely chopped
- Capsicum/ bell pepper – 1/4, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – few, finely chopped
- Black pepper – as required
- Salt – as required
- Mozzarella cheese – 4 tablespoons ( or cheese slices – 2 )
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil or any oil , add thinly sliced mushrooms, sprinkle pinch of salt and pepper and saute.
- Let it cook for about 2- 3 min on each side.
- Add capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, break the eggs in a bowl, add a pinch of salt, pepper and beat well.
- Add chopped onions, coriander leaves and mix well.
- In the same pan heat 1 tsp oil, pour the egg mixture and swirl the pan to evenly spread it.
- Then put cooked mushrooms & capsicum on top of the omelette.
- When egg looks cooked, flip it, spread the mozzarella cheese all over the omelette and fold.
Cheesy mushroom omelette is ready to serve.
Have a look at other breakfast recipes in our blog
and many more Egg recipes!