Masala oats, a super quick and healthy recipe ready in few minutes and absolutely delicious. I used quick cooking oats and made it to a porridge consistency. Loaded with veggies like carrots, beans, capsicum which gave a good crunch to this spicy oats. This recipe is similar to Chicken Oats | Oats haleem, except the chicken and fried onions part.
Masala oats is a good option for breakfast, lunch or even dinner. Serve it with pappad and raita to have a wonderful lunch/ dinner meal.
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 2
- Quick oats – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1/2 small, finely chopped
- Vegetables – 1 cup, carrots, capsicum, beans etc
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp or more
- Cumin powder ( jeera powder ) – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lime – 1/2
- Coriander leaves – few, finely chopped
- Heat ghee in a pan, add onion and saute for a minute.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and saute well till raw smell goes.
- Then add tomato and all veggies, salt, red chilly powder, cumin powder and saute well for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add oats and saute for a minute.
- Next add 1.5 cups water and mix well.
- Close the lid and let it cook on low flame for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Open the lid, squeeze lime juice, add few coriander leaves and mix well.
- Switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Super quick masala oats is ready to serve. Start your day with fresh orange juice and masala oats.
Have a look at other oats recipes such as