Here is the recipe of a delicious Cheesy Chicken Dinner Rolls . These dinner rolls stuffed with chicken and cheese is simply WOW !! These are perfect for light dinner, snacking, lunch box, picnics, parties , family get together , ifthar …you name the occasion ; these dinner rolls fit in perfectly !
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Resting time : 2 hours
Baking time : 30 minutes
Makes : 10 dinner rolls
For the dough :
- Maida / all purpose flour – 2 cups
- instant yeast – 1 teaspoon
- sugar – 1 tablespoon
- salt – 1 teaspoon
- oil – 3 tablespoon
- milk – 1/2 cup
- egg – 1
For the chicken filling :
- Chicken breast – 200gms
- onion – 1 medium
- carrot – 1/2
- capsicum – 1/2
- pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- parsley – 1 teaspoon
- Chilly sauce – 2 teaspoon
- oregano – 1/4 teaspoon
- maida – 1 teaspoon
- butter – 2 tablespoon
For the dinner rolls :
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- sesame seeds
To Prepare the dough :-
- Beat the egg well.
- Transfer all the ingredients mentioned under “for the dough” one by one to a mixing bowl. Mix it well to form a sticky dough. Cover and let it rest on a warm place for 1.5 to 2 hours. (Don’t forget to retain 1 tablespoon of egg for later use)
To Prepare the chicken filling :-
- Clean and cut the chicken breast into chunk cubes. Cook it with 1 teaspoon pepper and salt. Shred it once cooled. (Retain the chicken stock)
- Heat butter in a pan. saute chopped onions until soft. add in julienne cut carrots. sauce on medium heat for a while. Then add chopped capsicum. Saute well.
- Add pepper powder , turmeric powder , parsley and salt. Combine well.
- Add shredded chicken. Mix well.
- Add maida. give it a good mix. Add 1/2 cup stock. saute until it dries out.
- finally add chilly sauce and oregano. Mix well and remove from the flame.
To make dinner rolls :-
- Take the dough. dust the kneading pad /area with flour. Knead the dough again well.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Flatten a portion/ball as thin as possible.
- Place chicken filling and mozzarella cheese . Roll it and secure well.
- Place it in a greased baking dish. Cover and let it rest for another 30 minutes. (Make sure to leave some space between the rolls as they tend to rise a little)
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Brush the rolls with the retained 1 tablespoon of beaten egg. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Bake it for 25 – 30 minutes. It will turn golden on top.
Delicious Cheesy Chicken Dinner Rolls are ready !!! Serve it and enjoy !
You may also like these recipes –