Chicken with creamy mushroom sauce, is an excellent go to recipe if you want to prepare a meal for a special occasion. It looks very fancy but a super easy recipe and can be done in 30 minutes.
Tender chicken breast pieces are pan fried/ oven grillled and served with heavenly creamy mushroom sauce. You can prepare this before hand and reheat while serving. Sauce will turn very thick when cooled. So add little milk and cook till you get preferred consistency and then serve.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
For chicken marination :
- Chicken breast pieces – 4
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Lime juice – 1 teaspoon
For Mushroom sauce :
- Butter – 6 tbsp
- Button mushrooms – 200 gms
- Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Cream – 1/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Parsley leaves – few, finely chopped
- Clean the chicken pieces and prick them with fork.
- Marinate the chicken in salt, pepper, lime juice for 15 minutes.
- Heat 3 tbsp butter in a pan and cook the chicken on both sides, till turns golden brown.
- Heat 3 tbsp butter in another pan, add garlic cloves and saute for a minute.
- Then add sliced mushrooms and saute.
- Close the lid and let it cook till they shrink and turns brown.
- Add all purpose flour and saute on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Next add milk and cream and mix well to form a lump free sauce.
- Add salt, pepper and cook till sauce thickens.
- Remove some mushrooms, make paste of it and add it back to the sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- If sauce turns very thick, you can add little milk to make to the preferred consistency.
- Pour the sauce in the serving plate, place the chicken over the sauce, pour little sauce over the chicken, garnish with parsley leaves and serve 🙂
Have a look at our other recipes such as