Schezwan soya chunks, a quick and delicious veg appetizer. Boiled soya chunks are marinated in spices for few minutes and shallow fried and mixed with Indo – Chinese sauce to give this juicy, tasty and protein filled schezwan soya chunks. I have shallow fried the soya chunks to keep it nutritious, which turned them into juicy in the end result.
It can be paired with plain rice, any Rice Dishes as well as Roti/ Paratha. I have added home made Schezwan chutney/sauce to make this Indo Chinese sauce. However you can use store bought schezwan sauce/ chutney too.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Soya chunks – 2 cups
- Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 4, finley chopped
- Ginger – 1/2 inch, finely chopped
- Onion – 1, cut into cubes
- Capsicum – 1, cut into cubes
- Spring onion – few, chopped
- Schezwan sauce – 4 – 6 tbsp
- Cornflour – 2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Wash the soya chunks.
- Heat enough water in a pan/ pot, add washed soya chunks and let it boil on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water completely and squeeze the chunks using back of the ladle/ spoon to remove excess water.
- Add the red chilly powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, 1 tsp cornflour to a mixing bowl.
- Add boiled soya to this, mix well and marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and shallow fry them on medium heat till they turn golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in the same pan, add chopped ginger garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add capsicum, onion, spring onion and saute for a minute.
- Next add schezwan chutney/ sauce, 1/4 cup water and mix well.
- Add shallow fried soya chunks, mix well for a minute.
- In a bowl, add 1 tsp cornflour, half cup water and mix well to make a slurry.
- Add it to the pan and mix well.
- Let it boil till sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
Spicy and juicy schezwan soya chunks is ready to serve.
Have a look at out other recipes such as