Tabbouleh is a classic Middle Eastern salad made mostly of finely chopped parsley and bulgur. Traditionally it is served as a part of a mezze in the Arab world. Here I have used quinoa instead of bulgar to make it a gluten free salad.
- Quinoa – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Parsley – half a bunch, finely chopped
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 , finely chopped or use cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Lemon – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Rinse quinoa and add to a pan along with 2 cups water, pinch of salt and bring it to boil on medium heat.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and cook until quinoa is tender/ cooked and water is dried. About 10 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, let it rest and cool down for a while.
- Fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, squeeze lemon juice, add olive oil, salt, pepper and mix well to make the dressing.
- Take a mixing bowl, add finely chopped onion, tomato, parsley, cooled quinoa, lemon dressing and toss well.
- Add more salt or pepper if needed.
- You can even add some cucumber and mint.
Protein filled quinoa tabbouleh is ready to serve as main course or as side.
Have a look at other salad recipes such as