Momos are the delicious street food with juicy minced veg or meat inside. It’s a very popular street food from north east states of India. The fillings are very simple & light. Its served with spicy momo sauce. There are many varities of momos such as tandoori momos, fried momos etc. Well, this steamed momos with Schezwan sauce is our favourite. We enjoy it at tea time as well as for ifthar.
Prep time : 1 hour
for the dough:
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- water – to knead
For chicken filling :
- Chicken – 200 gms, minced
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Green chilli – 1 or 2, finely chopped
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – a handful, finelychopped
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, salt. Add enough water and knead well to form a soft dough. Knead well for 5 minutes. Cover and keep for an hour.
- Take minced chicken and add all ingredients listed under filling. Mix well and keep aside.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes, roll into big chapati and cut into small circles using a bowl or cookie cutter.
- Keep the filling in the middle of the tiny dough circles and fold to make any shape of momo.
- Steam the momos in a steamer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Chicken momos are ready to serve.
Serve them hot with Schezwan sauce.
Have a look at our other street food such as