Cauliflower Dynamite is a delightful vegetarian savory starter which is so addictive and full of bold flavors. These are crispy, crunchy , a little spicy and a little sweet too. The crispy fried cauliflower florets are tossed in sweet and spicy dynamite sauce .Served with lettuce leaves and spring onion, these taste absolutely scrumptious. You can make the sauce ahead and then toss the fried cauliflower florets just before serving. It tastes best when served immediately. Keeping the tempuras in the sauce for a longer time makes it soggy. This makes a great crowd pleaser appetizer in get-togethers , family gatherings, potluck parties etc.
Also, check out the recipe of Dynamite prawns , which is already there on the blog. This vegetable version of dynamite is as good and delicious as the very famous dynamite prawn. So what are you waiting for, go ahead and give this recipe a try!
For Cauliflower marination:-
- cauliflower – 20-25 florets
- cornflour – 1/4 cup
- maida / all purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- garlic powder – 3/4 tablespoon
- pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- egg – 1
For Dynamite Sauce :-
- mayonnaise – 1/4 cup
- Ketchup – 1/6 cup
- Thai Chilly sauce – 1 tablespoon
- pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- paprika powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- onion powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- oil – for frying
- lettuce – to garnish
- Spring onion – to garnish
Note : – If you do not have Thai Chilly sauce , use red chilly sauce and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Wash the cauliflower florets very well. Cut it into bite size pieces.
- In a bowl , combine all the ingredients mentioned under “for dynamite sauce”. Keep it ready. (if you feel the sauce is too thick, you may add a little water to adjust the consistency; Just a little water)
Let’s get started:-
- Break open the egg into a bowl. Whisk it very well.
- Transfer all the dry powder ingredients mentioned under “for cauliflower marination” to a separate bowl. Combine it very well.
- First dip the cauliflower florets in whisked egg one by one.
- Then coat it in dry powder coating mix.
- Heat enough oil in a kadai. Fry the cauliflower florets until light golden in color
Let’s serve :-
- Take a serving dish. Line it with lettuce . Place the fried cauliflower florets on it. Drizzle the dynamite sauce to coat the fried tempuras very well. Garnish with chopped spring onion.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like these recipes –