Apple slaw, why I did not try this dish earlier? We love coleslaw with our sandwich, with Broasted chicken etc. But this apple slaw is going to replace it for sure! This crunchy and creamy side dish is so refreshing and can be paired well with lots of dishes. I add carrots, cucumbers as well. Infact, this dish is extremely versatile. You can add variety of things like onions, red cabbage etc.
We have already posted Coleslaw sandwich recipe. My kids love to eat coleslaw in their roti, bread and buns. When my eldest daughter stopped eating apple, I was looking for some other way to include it in her diet. I found this apple slaw, tried and voila! she enjoyed the sandwich and that makes me a happy mom 🙂
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbsp or as required
- Apple – 1, red and green
- Carrots – 1
- Cucumber – 1
- Cabbage – 1/4 th portion
- Sugar – 1 tsp or as required
- Pepper – 1 tsp or as required
- salt – as per taste
- Grate apple, carrots, cucumber , cabbage and add in a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, sugar, pepper and salt.
- Mix it well and apple slaw is ready to serve.
Fill the rotis or sandwiches with this creamy apple slaw or serve it with Broasted chicken. And enjoy!
Have u tried our other side dishes/ salads? Check these
- Watermelon feta salad
- Creamy pasta salad
- Russian Salad
- Grilled chicken salad
- Kisir Turkish salad (my favourite! )