Ragi is a nutritious grain which is staple food in South India. This food is preferred for diabetic patients. Here is a recipe for instant ragi dosa which is made using ragi, rava, yoghurt, rice flour. Here I have made a plain ragi dosa, but you can also make variation by adding onions, green chillies etc. We also have recipe for Ragi Idli.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 8 dosas
Ingredients : ( 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1/2 cup ragi flour
- 1/2 cup rava / semolina
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup curd / yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera / cumin
- salt as per taste
Note : Finely chopped onion, curry leaves, ginger, green chilly, coriander leaves also can be added while preparing the batter
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
- Add 1 .5 cups of water and mix well to form batter without lumps.
- Cover the bowl and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Then add 1/2 cup water or as required. Mix well to form a flowing consistency batter.
- Heat the tawa , grease with oil and pour the dosa batter over hot tawa.
- Sprinkle few drops of oil over dosa .
- After dosa roasts to slightly golden brown, flip over and cook for a minute.
Hot crispy rava dosa is ready to eat as it is or with honey or Chutney.
Have a look at our other recipes such as