Moong bean sprouts/ green gram sprouts are a culinary vegetable grown by sprouting moong beans. These sprouts are nutritional powerhouses. Sprouted moong beans contain fewer calories but have more antoxidant and amino acids.
How to make moong bean sprouts :
Basically the soaked seeds have to be exposed to right combination of temeperature and moisture.
- Wash well and soak 1 cup of moong beans in enough water for 10 hours or overnight.
- Drain the moong beans and place in a container which has lid with holes.
- Allow it to grow at room temperature for 2 days to get approx. 2 cm long sprout.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup sprouted moong / green gram
- 1/2 small sized onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of mixed carrot and cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala
- Salt as per taste
- Few drops of lime juice
- Steam the moong sprouts for 3 to 4 minutes and keep it in a bowl.
- To this add finely chopped onion, carrot, cucumber, salt, pepper powder, chat masala powder, little lemon juice and mix well.
Crunchy moong sprout salad is ready to serve.
- You can cook the moong bean sprouts in a cooker. Add 2 tbsp of water, sprouts and cook on high flame. After 1 whislte, switch off the flame. Release the pressure manually. End result will be pefectly cooked sprouts.
Check our Salad recipes collections.