Broasted chicken is a simple fried chicken which is crispy & crusty outside and juicy inside. The chicken pieces are marinated in a seasoned batter, coated in seasoned flour and deep fried to get this delicious broasted chicken.
Preparation time : Min 2 hours or overnight marination
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- Oil for frying
For marination :
- Chicken – 1.5 kg
- Yoghurt – 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar/ lime juice – 1.5 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or as required
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Corn flour – 1/4 cup
- Pepper powder/ red chilly powder -1 tsp ( for spicy coating)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces and pat dry.
- Take a fork and prick the chicken pieces all over gently.
- Add all the ingredients listed under for marination in a bowl, mix well and marinate the chicken for atleast 2 hours. Overnight marination gives better results.
- In a plate/ bowl, add all ingredients listed under for coating .
- Heat oil for deep frying the chicken.
- Take each chicken piece from the marination, dip each piece in the coating, coat all sides very well.
- Deep fry them until golden brown.
Broasted chicken is ready to serve. Serve it with coleslaw & french fries.
For marination, 1/4 teaspoons of other spices like garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, chili flakes also can be added to enhance the taste.
Have a look at our non veg starters recipes such as