I like preparing this curry as it requires very little sauting time. So, for those who cook 2-3 dishes at the same time, this is an ideal one!
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Chicken – 1 kg
- onion – 3
- green chilly – 1 (or according to your spice level )
- ginger – garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- jeera powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- tomato – 2
- chilly powder – 2 tablespoon
- coriander powder – 1.5 tablespoon
- coconut milk – 1 cup
- coriander leaves
Step 1: Heat oil in a pan. Saute onion , green chilly , ginger-garlic paste, jeera powder, garam masala powder , turmeric powder one by one for 1 minute.
Step 2:Then add tomato , chilly powder, coriander powder and salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
Step 3: When raw smell disappears, add chicken and boil. Do not cover with lid.When mixed well , make thin coconut milk and add. Close the lid and cook until the chicken is done.
Step 4: Then add thick coconut milk .When it boils, garnish with coriander leaves and remove from the flame.
Explore here for more chicken dishes at b2d.