Vegetable stew is a simple yet special dish from kerala and served with appam, idiyappam etc.
Here we share the one pot vegetable stew recipe.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
Serves : 5
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger,
- 6 curry leaves,
- 2 green chillies,
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup beans, chopped
- Salt as required
- 1 cup coconut milk ( 3 tablespoons of cocunut powder mixed in 3/4 cup water)
- In a cooker, heat 2 teaspoon oil, add onion, curry leaves , ginger, green chilly and saute for a minute.
- Then add all vegetables, salt and 1/4 cup water and mix well. Close the lid. Cook on high for 1 whistle. Let the pressure settle.
- Open the lid and add coconut milk and let it boil for 2 minutes on medium heat.
Vegetable stew is ready to serve. Serve it with rice or appam