Dahi vada is soft lentil dumplings dipped in sweet yoghurt flavored with spices. It is a snack that originated in India ; but it is popular through out South Asia.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- urid dhal – 3/4 cup (soaked for 5-6 hours, preferably overnight)
- green chilly – 1
- ginger – a small piece
- curry leaves – a little
For dahi :
- yoghurt – 1 big bowl (diluted with water)
- chat masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- jeera powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- sugar – 2-3 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
Step 1:Grind together all the ingredients required for making vada with little water. Deep fry. Keep it aside. (tip : soak the vadas in water to make it soft and fluffy)
Step 2:Mix together all the ingredients and make the yoghurt ready. Dip the vadas in the prepared yoghurt.
Step 3:Add tempered mustard seeds, jeera seeds, hing and curry leaves to the above.
Click me for more snack recipes at b2d!