Rice kheer is a simple indian dessert prepared using milk,sugar and rice. Saffron is used for colour and flavour.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves : 6
- Milk, 1 litre
- Basmati rice 1/4 cup, washed and soaked for 20 minutes
- Sugar, 1/2 cup
- Saffron, few strands
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- Soak the basmati rice for 20 minutes.
- Mean while, heat 2 tablespoons of water and soak saffron in a bowl.
- Also keep the milk for boiling in a large kadai. Let it thicken.
- Drain the basmati rice, grind it into coarse paste and add to the milk and stir continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add sugar, saffron water and mix well.
- Cook till thickens and creamy.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder and mix well.
Chill the phirni and serve.
Have a look at our other dessert recipes collection 🙂