Are u bored of regular pulao and looking for a change? Then this chicken stock pulao is the best option, which needs just few readily available ingredients in our kitchen. I have used maggi chicken stock cube here. This pulao doesn’t need adding salt or any spice powder as maggi cubes gives the perfect flavor. However you can make it plain as well as add veggies like potato, peas, carrots etc to make it nutritious.
I have used basmati rice in this recipe, but you can even use jeera rice for same recipe. only the quantity of water differs.
Preparation time: 30 minutes of soaking rice.
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 3
- 1 cup Basmati rice, 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato , ( pureed)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 green chillies ( add more as per your taste)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Few coriander leaves for garnish
- Veggies like potato, peas, carrots etc ( optional )
First, wash and soak basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoon ghee in a rice pot.
- Add cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Add onion, saute till light brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, green chillies saute for a minute.
- Add tomato puree and chicken cubes, saute well for a minute.
- Add veggies if using.
- Add 2 cups water and mix.
- When water boils add drained rice, mix gently.
- Cook on high flame for a minute, then lower the flame.
- Close the lid and cook till done ( appts. 10 minutes).
- Switch off the flame, mix the rice gently and close the lid, let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with corinader leaves.
Serve chicken stock pulao with tomato chutney, raita, salad and pappad. 🙂
- If you are using jeera rice then do not soak the rice.
- add 1.5 cups water to 1 cup rice.
Have a look at our other pulao recipes such as