Paneer Butter masala is a vegetarian alternative to Butter Chicken . It is an Indian dish of paneer in a spicy and creamy gravy. It can be served with steamed rice or any Indian bread like Rumali Roti , Batoora etc
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Paneer cubes – 200 gms
- Onion – 1 big
- ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- red chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon (or according to your spice level)
- Tikka masala powder – 1.5 teaspoon
- jeera – 1 pinch
- tomato paste – 2 tablespoon
- kasuri methi – 1/2 teaspoon
- cream ( fresh or tin ) – 3 tablespoon
- butter – 2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves
Step 1: Grind together onion and ginger-garlic to a fine paste.
Step 2 :Heat butter in a pan. Add the onion- ginger-garlic paste to it. Saute till the raw smell disappears.
Step 3: Add Chilly powder , tikka masala powder and jeera. saute well.
Step 4 : Add tomato paste .saute for another couple of minutes. Then add kasuri methi.
Step 5 : Add 1/4 cup water.Mix well. Then paneer cubes .combine well. let it boil.
Step 6 : Finally add cream . Sim cook for 2-3 minutes.
Click Me for more veg curry / masala / dry recipes at b2d!