Egg dosa is a popular street food from south India. Usually dosa batter is poured on the pan, then egg is poured on the dosa, spread evenly , add some veggies and curry, flip over after a while, then served hot.
Here I have done little variation in the method as well as i have added cheese to make it richer in taste. This is ideal for breakfast, snack, dinner and kids lunch boxes.
Preparation time : 5 minutes ( If you already have dosa batter )
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 2
- Dosa batter – 2 ladles
- Egg – 1
- Onion – small 1, finely chopped
- Capsicum, carrots, coriander leaves ( veggies of your choice) – a handful , finely chopped
- Red chilly powder/ green chilly ( according to your taste)
- salt to taste
- Shredded mozzarella cheese/ cheese slice – according to your taste
- In a bowl, whisk egg, then add all veggies, salt, chilli powder and mix well.
2. Heat a dosa pan, pour a ladle of dosa batter. Then pour half of egg mixture on the dosa and spread evenly. Close the lid and cook for a minute.
3. Flip the dosa and cook until the egg is cooked ( approximately 1 minute).
4. Flip the dosa again, add some cheese on top and close the lid and cook till cheese melts.
Serve it as it is or as a wrap/roll. This cheesy dosa doesn’t need any accompaniments.
You can also serve it with any Chutneys.
Also have a look at our other Street Food recipes and Veg breakfast/ Non veg breakfast recipes.