Hariyali chicken kabab, also popularly called as green chicken kabab is a lip-smacking appetizer. Bone- in / boneless chicken is flavoured with fresh green herbs, marinated in curd, then pan/ oven grilled to perfection. This can be served as a starter or with a bowl of rice on all occasions.
Here I have used chicken bone-in pieces. You can use boneless chicken, marinate, place them in skewers and grill too. This recipe is ideal for barbeque too!
Preparation time : 2 – 4 hours/ overnight marination
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 6
- Chicken – 1 kg ( boneless or bone-in)
- Yoghurt – 3 tablespoons
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 2 teaspoons
- Lime – 1
- salt to taste.
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 bunch
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Green chilly – 6 ( according to your taste)
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Clean the chicken, pat dry , make slits or prick with fork all over chicken and keep aside.
- Add all ingredients mentioned under “for grinding” into a blender & make a smooth green paste.
- In a large bowl, add the green paste, yoghurt, garam masala powder, pepper powder, lime juice, salt and mix well.
- Add chicken in this marination, coat well.
- Marinate for minimum 2 hours. Or overnight.
- Grill the marinated chicken pieces on the pan or oven until chicken is well cooked.
Serve them hot with any Biriyani/ pulao or roti.