Looking for a quick recipes to use left over rice? Here it is! Egg tawa pulao. As the name says , this pulao Is made in tawa ( pan). The regular egg burji and rice is mixed to give a flavourful rice. This is also a good way to use left over egg burji. Its another ideal lunch box dish too 🙂
I have added capsicum, which gives good crunch. However you can skip or add other vegetables like carrots, peas etc.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 1 – 2
- Left over rice – 1 plate
- Egg – 2
- Butter – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato -1/2 small, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Capsicum – finely chopped
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 or 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon ( or as per taste)
- Coriander leaves – few chopped
- Lime – 1/2
- Heat butter in a pan, add chopped onion and saute till turns translucent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, saute for a minute.
- Then add tomatoes, saute for a minute.
- Next add capsicum, chilly powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, green chilly, salt and saute for few seconds.
- Then add egg and scramble it and mix well. Add salt. Saute till egg is cooked well.
- Then add the left over rice and mix well on a high heat.
- Let it cook on medium heat for a minute.
- Squeeze lime juice to the pulao and give a good mix.
- Add corinader leaves, mix well and switch off the flame.
Serve the hot egg tawa pulao with onion raita & pickle 🙂
Egg tawa pulao video recipe :
Have a look at our other pulao recipes such as