Looking for a quick recipes to use left over rice? Here it is! Egg tawa pulao. As the name says , this pulao Is made in tawa ( pan). The regular egg burji and rice is mixed to give a flavourful rice. This is also a good way to use left over egg burji. Its another ideal lunch box dish too 🙂
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 1
- Left over rice – 1 plate
- Egg – 2
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato -1/2 small, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli – 1, finely chopped ( optional)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon ( or as per taste)
- Coriander leaves – few chopped
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion and saute till turns translucent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, saute for a minute.
- Then add tomatoes, saute for a minute.
- Next add chilly powder, turmeric powder, green chilly, salt and saute for few seconds.
- Then add egg and scramble it and mix well. Add salt. Saute till egg is cooked well.
- Then add the left over rice and mix well on a high heat. Close the lid.
- Let it cook on medium heat for a minute.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves.
Serve the hot egg tawa pulao with onion raita & pickle 🙂
Check out our other Easy rice dishes too!