Mutton dry roast is an easy- spicy starter dish.
Preparation time : 10 minutes + 1 hour (marination)
Cooking time : 35 minutes
- Mutton – 1/2 kg
- ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- jeera powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- onion – 1 small (chopped)
- tomato paste – 1-2 tablespoon
- salt, oil
- curry leaves – a handful
Step 1 : Marinate the meat with all the spice powders , ginger-garlic paste ,onions and salt for at least an hour.
Step 2 : Transfer it to a pressure cooker. Add tomato paste and a little water. Mix well. Pressure cook for upto 4-5 whistles. Switch off the flame. Let the pressure settle down.
Step 3 : Transfer the meat along with gravy to a wok. Heat until water dries out almost completely. Now add 2-3 tablespoon of oil and curry leaves to it. stir fry the meat for 4-5 minutes.
Mutton dry roast is ready ! It can be had with rice or roti.
Also, Check our recipe for Mangalore style mutton curry !