shami Kabab is a very popular non-veg starter originating from the Indian subcontinent . These kababs are basically flavorful meat patties, which are crispy on the outside and smooth inside.These kababs can be made of mutton or beef.
Shami kababs are ideal for ifthar, school lunchbox , starter etc.
check out our collection of Starter recipes and Ifthar snacks !
Shami Kabab recipe :-
Makes – 30 – 35 kababs
- Boneless meat – 500gms
- Whole red chilly – 7
- Cloves – 7
- Whole black pepper – 2 teaspoon (optional)
- ginger-garlic paste – 2 tablespoon
- salt – as needed
- Coriander powder – 2 tablespoon
- cumin (whole) – 1.5 teaspoon
- salt – 1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chana dal – 1 cup (soaked for 2 hours)
- Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- coriander leaves(chopped) – 1 cup
- mint leaves (chopped) – 1/2 cup
- green chillies -2, choppped
- potatoes (boiled) – 2 medium
- salt – 1 teaspoon
- egg – 1
- Onion(chopped) – 2 medium
- Lemon juice – 4 tablespoon
Step 1 : Put (A) ingredients with 1.5 cups of water in a pressure cooker and cook till meat is half done (4-5 whistle). Switch off the flame. Let the pressure settle.
Step 2 : Now open the pressure cooker , add (B) ingredients with 1/2 cup water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistle or until the meat and dal are well cooked. Switch off the flame. Let the pressure settle.
Step 3: Open the pressure cooker. Turn the heat high and dry it completely. Make sure that the dal doesn’t become too mushy. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
Step 4 : Once cooled, finely chop the meat and dal mixture.
Step 5 : Mix Ingredients (D) in a bowl and leave for 10 minutes
Step 6: Mix ingredients (C) together in a large mixing bowl.
Step 7 :Then add the meat mixture and the onion mixture to it. Combine very well.
Step 8 : Make kababs of desired size.
Step 9 : you can deep freeze these kababs for 2-3 weeks in an air-tight container or zip-lock bag. While keeping in air-tight container , I separate each layer with a wax paper so that it is easy to remove.
Step 10 : Shallow fry these kababs until it turns golden on both the sides.
The delicious shami kabab is ready. Serve it with you favorite dip.
Check out our collection of Snacks recipes