This chicken starter/snack is crunchy outside and juicy inside. Its best for ifthar as well as starters. Its simple, easy and yummy recipe. I have marinated the chicken stripes in spicy masala. Its completely optional. You can just add pepper and salt to season the chicken and proceed with the method.
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Chicken marination :
- Boneless chicken – 500 gms
- Red chilly powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Lime juice – of 1/2 lime
For coating :
- Eggs – 2
- Samosa sheets – 1 packet
- Clean the chicken and cut them into stripes. ( Note: I have cut into short thin stripes. You can also cut into long stripes).
- Add all the ingredients mentioned under Marination into a bowl , mix well and marinate the chicken stripes.
- Cook the marinated chicken in cooker or open pan till its cooked. Remove the chicken and cool them. ( optional step as it will reduce the frying time).
- Insert toothpick ( if short stripes) or bamboo skewers ( if long stripes) into the chicken and keep aside.
- In a bowl , whisk the eggs well.
- Cut the samosa sheets ( or spring roll sheets ) into thin stripes using knife or scissor, holding all together in a stack.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and roll over the samosa stripes well.
- Press the coated chicken gently with fist.
- Follow these steps for all the chicken stripes and deep fry on medium flame till golden brown.
- Crunchy chicken screwdriver is ready to serve with favorite dip.
Also check our other Ifthar snacks.