This chicken starter/snack is crunchy outside and juicy inside. Its best for ifthar as well as starters. Its simple, easy and yummy recipe. Marinated chicken spices are dipped in egg and coated with samosa sheet stripes, then deep fried. You can even cook the chicken and then dip in egg, coat with samosa sheets to reduce frying time. However its optional.
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Chicken marination :
- Boneless chicken – 500 gms
- Red chilly powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Lime juice – of 1/2 lime
For coating :
- Eggs – 2
- Samosa sheets – 1 packet
- Clean the chicken and cut them into stripes. ( Note: I have cut into short thin stripes. You can also cut into long stripes).
- Add all the ingredients mentioned under Marination into a bowl , mix well and marinate the chicken stripes.
- Cook the marinated chicken in cooker or open pan till its cooked. Remove the chicken and cool them. ( optional step, as it will reduce the frying time).
- Insert toothpick ( if short stripes) or bamboo skewers ( if long stripes) into the chicken and keep aside.
- In a bowl , whisk the eggs well.
- Cut the samosa sheets ( or spring roll sheets ) into thin stripes using knife or scissor, holding all together in a stack.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and roll over the samosa stripes well.
- Press the coated chicken gently with fist.
- Follow these steps for all the chicken stripes and deep fry on medium flame till golden brown.
- Crunchy chicken screwdriver is ready to serve with Schezwan sauce or any dip.
Also check our other Ifthar snacks.