We have already shared Indian style Vermicelli upma recipe. Well here is the indo chinese style chicken vermicelli recipe which is quick and tasty as well. Its ideal for lunch box, lunch and dinner too.
Note : You can add sweetcorn, green peas, baby corn etc veggies of your choice to make it veg vermicelli. You can even replace the chicken with mushrooms or shrimps too.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Vermacelli – 2 cups
- Chicken – 4 medium pieces
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Onion – 1, medium, thinly sliced
- Beans – 6, thinly sliced
- Carrots – 1, grated/ chopped
- Capsicum – 1/2, thinly sliced
- Spring onion – few, chopped
- Soya sauce – 1-2 tablespoons
- Vinegar – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper – 2 teaspoons or more
- Cook the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper. Shred them and keep aside.
- Heat 5- 6 cups of water in a pot. Add salt, 1 teaspoon oil. When the water boils, add vermicelli. Let it cook till done. Drain them. Spread it on the plate and keep aside.
- In a wide pan, heat oil, add garlic saute well for a minute.
- Then add onion and saute for a minute. Next add all veggies, salt and pepper.
- Saute for some time till they are cooked yet crisp.
- Next add shredded chicken, soya sauce, vinegar, saute for few seconds.
- Then add cooked vermicelli. Mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Indo-chinese chicken vermicelli is ready.
Garnish with spring onions and serve along with some ketchup and chilli sauce.
You may also like our other indo- chinese recipes such as
If you try our recipes then please leave a comment down. Also share your pics with our insta tag b2d_plate. Have a nice day 🙂