Pickled onions are one of the best accompaniments with pulao, biriyani and any starter. Easy to prepare and can be stored in fridge for couple of days. I have added a piece of beetroot to give the lovely pink color. Its completely optional as onions themselves have light pink color too.
These pickled onions gives lovely tastes to sandwiches, wraps and even salads.
Preparation time : minimum 30 minutes
- Onion – 1, large, thinly sliced
- Salt – 1/2 or 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Water- 3 tablespoon or enough to soak the onions.
- Green chilly – 1, finely chopped
- Beetroot – a small piece (optional)
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Cover and keep for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in refrigerator for future use in couple of days.
Serve the pickled onions (without its liquid) with pulao , biriyanis or starters. If you are a
You may also like other accompaniments such as