A delicious variation of poori made with spinach ( palak) recipe is here. We have already shared the recipe for Palak cheese paratha. Adding the pureed palak gives beautiful green color to our regular poori. Its ideal for breakfast and kids lunch box too.
I usually blanch the whole bunch of palak (spinach) leaves. Use half of it for poori or paratha and remaining blanched leaves for preparing dal palak.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 10 – 12 poori
- Spinach – 1/2 bunch
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Green chilli – 1
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Ajwain seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – a tablespoon & for frying
- Wash spinach very well. Heat enough water in a pot till boiling point. Switch off the flame . Immerse the spinach in hot water for 1 minute. Remove it immerse in the cold water for 1 minute. Remove and keep aside.
- In a blender add these blanched spinach, ginger , green chilli and make a fine smooth paste. Add little water if needed. Spinach puree is ready.
- In a large bowl, take wheat flour, add ajwain seeds, salt, Spinach puree.
- Rinse the blender and add the rinsed water just enough for kneading and knead to a soft dough.
- Make small balls, roll and deep fry them in hot oil.
Palak poori is ready to serve with One pot Aaloo bhaji (Potato bhaji) , Chana masala or any other curry.
Check out our other palak recipes such as
Have a nice day 🙂