Beetroot raita is the perfect accompaniment to plain rice as well as pulao and biriyani. A color and taste both gives coolness to our eyes and taste buds. Beetroots are grated, cooked and added to whisked yoghurt and add some tadka. So simple it is.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Serves : 4 – 5
- Beetroot – 1, grated
- Yoghurt – 2 cups
- Green chilly – 1 slitted
- Salt – to taste
- oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 5 leaves
- Cook the grated beetroot in a pan, add a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of water, till soft. Keep it aside to cool completely.
- Take yoghurt in a bowl and whisk till creamy . Add green chilly, cooled beetroot and mix well. Check for salt and add if needed.
- heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when crackles add cumin seeds, curry leaves. add the tadka to raita.
Beetroot raita is ready to serve. Serve it in a vegetarian thali.
Check out our other side dip recipes such as