This pumpkin sauce pasta is super simple, creamy and delicious. There is no doubt that kids love pasta, spaghetti. Why not serve it full of healthy ! As pumpkin is mildly sweet, a little bit of red chilly powder balances the taste.
Pumpkin chunks are cooked and made puree and added while cooking pasta sauce. You can use the extra pumpkin puree to make delicious pumpkin pancakes too.
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Serves : 2
- Pasta – 2 cups, any type
- Pumpkin – 1 cup, diced
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Onion – 1 , small, finley chopped
- Tomato – 1 , small, finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves . finely chopped
- Cream – 2 tablespoons
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 th teaspoon
- Pepper – 1/4 th teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Cook the pasta in enough water , drain and keep aside.
- In a cooker or pot, cook the pumpkin chunks till soft. Let it cool along with its solution. Make puree and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute till light brown.
- Then add onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Then add tomatoes and cook till turn soft and mushy.
- Next add pumpkin puree, red chilly powder, salt and pepper powder. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Next add cream and milk and mix well to form a thick sauce.
- Next add cooked pasta, oregano and mix well. Let it cook well for a minute.
- Pumpkin pasta is ready to serve.
Check out our other pasta/ noodles recipes such as