Uttappam is also a popular south Indian breakfast similar to dosa but looks like pizza. The dosa batter is poured thicker than dosa and topped with vegetables. Toppings can can be just onions or mix of onions, carrots, capsicum etc. These vegetables makes uttapam crispy on bite. It is served with Coconut Chutney, Garlic chutney & Sambar.
If you have dosa batter then do try this recipe. You can also use the same batter to prepare Idli, Paniyaram, different kinds of dosas too.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Dosa batter – 2 cups
- Onion – 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Carrot – 1/2, grated
- Coriander leaves – few, finely chopped
- Ginger – small piece, grated
- Green chilly – 1, finely chopped ( optional)
- Salt – a pinch
- In a bowl, add onions, carrots, coriander leaves, ginger, green chilly ( avoid if serving for kids) , pinch of salt and mix well.
- Heat a dosa pan, pour batter and spread slightly. It should be thicker than dosa.
- Spread the mixed veggies over the dosa evenly. Close the lid and cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle drops of oil over the veggies and flip the dosa.
- Cook for 1 minutes and turn over.
- Uttappam is ready to serve with chutney.
Do try our other breakfast recipes using dosa batter, such as
Have a nice day!