Here is another recipe of egg , which can be paired with roti/ parota / dosa / idiyappam / ghee rice / plain rice etc. It takes basic ingredients and few minutes to make this delicious egg curry. When you are bored of regular egg curry do try this.
I have added fresh coconut while grinding the masala . However if you don’t have fresh coconut , you can add ready coconut milk to the curry. Lets start with recipe of Egg kurma 🙂
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Eggs – 5
- Oil / ghee- 2 tablespoons
- Whole garam masala – 1 cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, 4 cloves
- Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato – 1 medium , finely chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Lime – 1
- Curry leaves.
To grind :
- Coconut – a handful , fresh grated
- Green chilly – 4 or more ( as per spice of chilly )
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Mint leaves – 6 leaves
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts – 6 ( soaked for 10 minutes)
- First boil the eggs in a vessel and remove shell . Make slits on the 4 sides of the boiled egg and keep aside.
- Put all ingredients mentioned under ” TO GRIND” in blender and make a fine paste. This is our ” ground masala”.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add whole garam masalas.
- Then add chopped onion, saute till they turn light brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, saute for a minute.
- Then add tomatoes and saute till they are soft.
- Next add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt, “ground masala” and mix well.
- Rinse the blender and add water to the gravy to get preferred consistency.
- When it starts boiling, add the egg gently , cook the gravy on low flame for 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Add lime juice and curry leaves and mix gently.
- Delicious egg kurma is ready to serve.
- If you are using coconut milk, then add the ground masala ( without cooconut) , then add the coconut milk and continue with the recipe.
- You can even shallow fry the boiled egg before adding to the gravy.
You may also like our other egg recipes such as