Here is the quick recipe for lemon idiyappam. Whenever we have left over idiyappam, we turn it into new dish to have it for snack time or breakfast. We have already shared Chemmeen Idiyappam / Prawn Stringhoppers recipe which is very delicious.
This vegetarian lemon ididyappam can be eaten as it is or with some coconut chutney or pickle. Adding peanuts to this makes it taste even better. Recipe is same as lemon rice, just replacing the rice with idiyappam.
Cooking time : 5 minutes
- Idiyappam – 5
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chana dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry red chilly – 1, cut into halves
- Ginger – little, finely choppped
- Green chilly – 2, cut into halves
- Curry leaves – few,
- Onion – 1 , small, finely chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Lime – 1, juice extracted
- Crumble the idiyappam using hand and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when crackles, add urad dal and chana dal.
- Saute them on low flame till they turn light brown.
- Next add ginger, dry red chilly, green hilly, curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Then add onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Then add turmeric powder, salt.
- Next add idiyappam, mix well.
- Then add lime juice and give a good mix.
- Lemon ididyappam is ready to serve.
Note : We have the recipe of Idiyappam / Nool Puttu as well!
Check out our Breakfast page for more recipes.