Green bean/ Moong bean dosa also known as pesarattu is a very popular traditional breakfast dish of Andhra Pradesh, India. Such an easy and healthiest dosa it is. If you are on low carb diet and missing the crispy dosas, then this is the one dish you must try.
Green moong dosa is usually served with coconut chutney, but we loved it with fish curry. And the moment kids asked for second servings, I was cooper happy. I know like me, every mom wants their kids to have healthy food. So do try this recipe. If you are looking for some healthy dishes to serve kids then this is really an easy and tasty one.
I had made a small batch of this as a trial. Just a 1/2 cup of moong bean, gave medium sized 8 dosa.
Preparation time : 8 hours of soaking
Cooking time : 15 minutes ( for 7 dosas)
- Green gram/ moong bean – 1/2 cup
- Chana dal – 1 tablespoon
- Green chilly – 1
- Ginger – small piece
- Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee – as needed.
- Wash very well and soak the moong beans and chana dal in a bowl over night or for 8 hours.
- Strain and keep the water aside.
- Grind the soaked moong beans, chana dal, green chilly, ginger together.
- Add the soaked water while grinding to get a smooth batter.
- Add cumin seeds and salt to the ground batter.
- Consistency should be as thick as regular dosa batter.
- Pour a ladle of moong bean dosa batter on the pan and spread like dosa.
- Close the lid and cook for a minute.
- Open the lid, sprinkle some ghee over dosa and flip.
- Cook for another 1 minute.
- Moong bean dosa is ready to serve.
Do try this healthy dosa recipe and let us know the results.
You may also like our other green gram recipes such as