Carrot almond milkshake, a healthy and tasty drink you can have anytime. In this recipe I have boiled the carrots, then blended with almonds to give this thick and rich drink. I prefer to boil the carrots and freeze it. So that I can make this drink whenever needed.
For any milkshakes, one thing to be remembered is add the fruits and 1/4 th of the milk and make a smooth puree first. The add remaining milk and blend well to form a smooth milkshake. Else big chunks of fruits will remain in the milkshake.
Serves : 4
- Carrot – 1, medium size
- Almonds – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 4 cups
- Sugar – 4 tablespoons or as required
- Soak the almonds, remove the skin and keep aside.
- Wash, peel the carrots.
- Add 2 tbsp water and cook the carrots in a cooker or pan.
- Switch off the flame after 1 whistle, if using cooker. Or cook till done.
- Let the carrots cool down. (Put in a freezer safe container or bag and freeze them for later)
- In a blender, add boiled carrots, half of almonds, 1 cup milk, sugar and blend well to form a smooth puree.
- Then add remaining milk and blend well to a milkshake.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and serve.
You may also like our other juice/ drink recipes such as