Egg Bajji / Egg Pakora is basically golden fried boiled eggs with a coating of besan/gram flour batter flavored with basic spices. This snack goes perfectly well with evening tea as well as ifthar time.
- Boiled Egg – 3
- Besan Flour – 3/4 cup
- cornflour – 2 tablespoon
- red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- chaat masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- curry leaves – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- hing – a pinch
- salt – to taste
- oil – to deep fry
Pre – preparation :-
- Hard boil the eggs . Once cooled, remove the shell and slice each into 3 equal pieces (length wise)
To make pakora / bajji :-
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add besan powder , cornflour , red chilly powder, turmeric powder , chaat masala powder, ginger-garlic paste , curry leaves, salt.
- Add water little by little to make a smooth besan paste . (The consistency of the batter should be as that of dosa batter; if the batter is too thin, the egg will not get coated properly)
- Heat enough oil in a kadai. Dip the eggs carefully in the batter . Deep fry until it turns golden
Serve it hot with your favorite dip and enjoy your tea or Ifthar !!!
Check the blog for more egg recipes like –