Bitter gourd chips, is the only way we like to include this healthy but not much liked vegetable bitter gourd in our meal. The tender bitter gourds are best for this chips as they are lesser bitter. But once you try this chips, you will start loving it. I had made this chips earlier too, but it was soft and soggy. But this time it turned out really crispy . Hence thought of sharing it here 🙂
Imortant note :
- Make sure the bitter gourd is thinly and evenly sliced.
- Deep fry immediately after coating with ingredients.
- Deep fry on medium heat.
- Bitter gourd – 1 small / medium size
- Salt – to taste
- Lime – 1/2
- Besan/ gram flour – 1 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Corn flour- 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 2 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Wash the bitter gourd and thinly slice them.
- Put them in a mixing bowl. Add salt, lime juice and mix well using hand.
- Then add red chilly powder, jeera powder, besan, rice flour , corn flour and toss well.
- Then add 2 tspn water and mix using hand.
- Heat oil, deep fry these coated slices on medium flame till they turn golden brown.
- Karela / bitter gourd chips are ready.Serve them with rice, sambar or have it as snack with tea.