Sabja seeds also knows as falooda seeds, sweet basil seeds are rich in antioxidants, helps in controlling diabetes and also good for skin. These seeds must be soaked in water before consuming. They begin to swell when soaked with a translucent white film coating each seed. It can be added to rose milk, falooda or some desserts too.
Here is the recipe of drink which is like lemonade. This sabra seed sharbath is a most common drink in Mangalore and other cities of India during the month Ramadan.
- You can make this juice even without roohafza syrup. Just add sugar as required and make lemonade.
- And you can even add finely chopped banana to make it more nutritious.
Serves : 4
- Sabja seeds – 4 tbsp
- Water – 4 cups
- Roohafza syrup – 6 tbsp
- Sugar – if required ( optional)
- Lime – 2
- Soak sabja seeds in water for attest 15 minutes or till it swells to double in size.
- Add lime juice, roohafza syrup and mix well.
- Add sugar if needed.
- Add ice cubes and serve chilled.
We have other juice/ drink recipes too
- Strawberry milkshake
- Watermelon lemonade
- Avocado banana smoothie
- Mango lassi
- Grape juice
- Mango milkshake
- Carrot almond milkshake
- Mohabbat ka sharbath