Fried chicken kabab, juicy pieces of deep fried chicken pieces with crispy coating is a must try recipe. It tastes similar to the popular Bangalore empire chicken kababs. These kababs are our family favourite. Ghee rice, dal and chicken kabab is our all time favorite combo.
The recipe credit goes to my sis in law, Sabeena. Earlier days we used to buy the ready made kabab masala to make this delicious kabab at home. But one day my sis in law, cracked this recipe at home from scratch. Thats it! We never bought those readymade masala then. Do try this recipe! You will love it.
Prep time : 30 minutes – 2 hours
- Chicken – 1 kg,
- All purpose flour/ maida – 4 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Lime -1
- Salt – to taste
- Red food colour – a drop/ a pinch ( optional)
- Oil – for deep frying
- Clean the chicken pieces and keep aside.
- Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl except chicken and mix well to form thick batter.
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp water if batter is too thick.
- Add chicken pieces to the batter, mix well, cover and marinate for atleast 30 minutes or 2 hours.
- Heat oil in medium – high flame, deep fry the chicken pieces .
Juicy and crispy chicken kababs are ready to serve with rice or roti.
Have a look at our other chicken starter recipes such as