Malai Paneer Curry is a rich , creamy and mildly spiced gravy made with paneer / cottage cheese.Paneer recipes are usually easy to prepare and this one is no different. This malai paneer curry has all the goodness of luscious paneer with refreshing cream and mouth watering spices. Almond and cashew nuts paste brings in rich texture while roasted dried fenugreek leaves bring a delightful flavor.It’s a perfect choice to present a quick Indian delicacy on the dining table and serve it with any Indian bread.
- Paneer cubes – 200gms
- onion – 2 medium
- ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- green chilly – 2
- cashew nuts – 7
- almonds – 7
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 1/2- 1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- jeera powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- curd – 2 teaspoon
- milk – 1/2 cup
- kasuri methi – 1 teaspoon
- fresh cream – 2 tablespoon
- oil – 2-3 tablespoon
- butter – 1 teaspoon
- Grind together onion , ginger- garlic and green chilly to a fine paste
- Powder almonds and cashew nuts in a small grinder. Then add milk and blend it to a smooth paste.
- Roast kasuri methi for a couple of minutes. Keep it ready
Let’s get started:-
- In a pan, pour a little oil. shallow fry paneer cubes until it turns golden brown on both the sides. Remove from heat and keep it aside.
- In the same oil, add a teaspoon of butter . Add onion, ginger-garlic ,green chilly paste to it. Saute it very well until raw smell disappears.
- Now add spice powders – coriander powder , pepper powder , garam masala powder, jeera powder- and salt. Give it a good mix. saute until raw smell of spices disappear.
- Then Add curd. mix well.
- Next add almond – cashew paste . Stir it well. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add fried paneer cubes and roasted kasuri methi. combine well. cover and cook on low flame for about couple of minutes
- Finally add cream. Stir well. Remove from heat.
A very delicious Malai Paneer Curry is ready . Serve it with any of the Indian bread and enjoy!!!
Have a look at these paneer delicacies –