Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Fresh or frozen peas – 1 cup
- Onion – 2 medium
- Tomato – 2 medium
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder -1/2 teaspoon
- Cashew nut – 8 ( soak in water for 10 minutes )
- salt to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Add onions, saute till they turn translucent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes, saute for 2 minutes. Next add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, jeera powder, drained cashews and sauté till the oil oozes out of the masala.
- Turn off the flame. Cool down the masala. Blend it into a fine paste. Add little water while blending if needed.
- In the same pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil, add the blended masala, saute for a minute.
- Add salt. Add half to 1 cup of water depending on consistency. It should be medium thick.
- Then add peas and close the lid. Let the peas cook well.
- Then add the paneer cubes. Mix gently and check for salt. Add if needed. Close the lid.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Matar paneer is ready to serve.
Note : Fresh cream can be added at the end for a richer taste.
Serve matar paneer with rice or roti.
Have a look at our other veg curry recipes too 🙂