Authentic r\necipe calls for frying the chicken before and add into gravy. But here i have added the marinated chicken directly to gravy to make it one pot chicken chilly gravy.
Do try and enjoy the healthier version of this chinese dish.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- Chicken – 500 gms, ( Boneless preferred)
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Onion – 1 large, cut into cubes
- Green bell pepper – 1 , cut into cubes
- Garlic – 6 cloves, thinly sliced
- Green chilly – 4 , sit into halves
- Spring onion – few, finely chopped for garnish
For chicken marination :
- Red chilly powder – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Chilli sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Soya sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Ketchup – 2 tablespoons
- Cornflour – 2 tablespoons
- Marinate the chicken with all ingredients mentioned under marination, for 5 minutes.
- I prefer to use cooker so that it reduces cooking time. However this recipe can be prepared in any pan or kadai.
- In a pan or a cooker, Heat oil and add garlic, green chillies. Saute for 2 minutes. Next add onions and saute for few seconds.Then add the marinated chicken, add 1/2 cup water, mix well, close the lid and cook the chicken till done.
- If using cooker then switch off the flame after 1 whistle and let the pressure settle.
- Open the lid, add the green bell pepper and let it cook for a minute.
Switch off the flame.Garnish with spring onions and serve hot with Chinese rice dishes.
For more gravy, mix a teaspoon of corn flour in half a cup of water and add after chicken is cooked. Boil it for couple of minutes till the gravy thickens. Then garnish with spring onion and serve.