This is one pot chicken chilly gravy recipe. It goes well with Vegetable fried rice, Egg Fried Rice or just simple plain steamed rice too.
Authentic r\necipe calls for frying the chicken before and add into gravy. But here i have added the marinated chicken directly to gravy to make it one pot chicken chilly gravy.
Do try and enjoy the healthier version of this chinese dish.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- Chicken – 500 gms, ( Boneless preferred)
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Onion – 1 large, cut into cubes
- Green bell pepper – 1 , cut into cubes
- Garlic – 6 cloves, thinly sliced
- Green chilly – 4 , sit into halves
- Spring onion – few, finely chopped for garnish
For chicken marination :
- Red chilly powder – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Chilli sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Soya sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Ketchup – 2 tablespoons
- Cornflour – 2 tablespoons
- Marinate the chicken with all ingredients mentioned under marination, for 5 minutes.
- I prefer to use cooker so that it reduces cooking time. However this recipe can be prepared in any pan or kadai.
- In a pan or a cooker, Heat oil and add garlic, green chillies. Saute for 2 minutes. Next add onions and saute for few seconds.Then add the marinated chicken, add 1/2 cup water, mix well, close the lid and cook the chicken till done.
- If using cooker then switch off the flame after 1 whistle and let the pressure settle.
- Open the lid, add the green bell pepper and let it cook for a minute.
Switch off the flame.Garnish with spring onions and serve hot with Chinese rice dishes.
For more gravy, mix a teaspoon of corn flour in half a cup of water and add after chicken is cooked. Boil it for couple of minutes till the gravy thickens. Then garnish with spring onion and serve.
Try our other chinese recipes like Mushroom chilly, Chicken Chilly too!