Soya chunks are good source of protein for vegetarian lovers. It can be a replacement for chicken and meat dishes with same recipes. One of such recipes is pepper soya, where the chicken is replaced with soya chunks and recipe remains the same. Pair it with roti, steamed rice or any pulao.
Preparation time : 35 minutes ( 30 minutes soaking + 5 minutes marination)
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4
- Soya chunks – 2 cups
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Onion – 1 medium, thinly sliced
- Curry leaves – few
- Green chilly – 2 , sliced
- Coriander leaves – few for garnish
- Crushed pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Lime – 1/2 , juice
- Wash the soya chunks and soak them in enough water for 30 minutes. Drain them , squeeze out the water well and keep aside.
- Marinate these soya chunks with all the ingredients mentioned under marination for 5 minutes.
- In a pan or kadai, heat oil, add onion, curry leaves, green chilly and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add the marinated soya chunks, saute well and add 1/4 th cup of water.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 6-7 minutes on medium heat. ( You can cook in cooker too. Follow the same steps and cook for 1 whistle on high heat. Let the pressure settle).
- Open the lid, add the crushed pepper and few coriander leaves. mix well and switch off the flame
- Garnish the pepper soya with coriander leaves and serve with Phulka, chapati, steamed rice or pulao.
We also have Soya Chunks masala recipe.
Have a look at our other Veg curry recipes too!