Want to try something different than usual grilled kababs or starters? Here is the recipe for Turkish chicken kabab, so delicious & juicy. Pair it with any pulao or pita bread , salad, garlic mayo sauce and serve.
Its a simple recipe which requires easily available ingredients in our kitchen. Marinate the chicken for atleast 2 hours. Overnight marination always tastes better.
Prep time : 2 – 24 hours marination
Cook time : 15 – 25 minutes
- Boneless chicken – 500 gms, cut into cubes
For marination :
- Yoghurt/ curd – 4 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Red chilly flakes – 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp or 2 pinches
- Lemon – 1 , juice of it
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Capsicum, onion cubes – for grilling ( optional )
- Wash & clean the chicken, pat dry and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients mentioned under “for marination”, mix well and add chicken cubes.
- Cover the bowl and marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- If using bamboo skewers , then soak them in the water for at least 30 minutes before grill .
- Preheat the grill.
- Insert the marinated chicken cubes onto the skewers alternating with capsicum and onions
- This can be even pan grilled.
- Grill the kababs on medium – high heat for 10 – 15 minutes.
Delicious Turkish chicken kabab are ready to serve.
For garlic mayo sauce,
Take 4 tbsp of mayonnaise , add 1 crushed garlic clove, pinch of salt , 1/2 tsp pepper powder and 1 tsp of lime juice. Mix well. Mayo garlic sauce is ready.
Check out the other Turkish cuisine recipes in the blog such as
You may also like other starter recipes such as